Monday 2 April 2007

The parrot is coughing

Ok, time for a confession. I'm missing London and my friends so much right now I actually feel sick, which I do believe is what they refer to as homesickness. But it got me to thinking. Yep, the old cogs starting turning slowly and going no where in particular, which is he best kind of thinking, er, I think. I don't honestly know what I'm missing, but I think part of it is the past - memories of times long since past linger in my mind and tantalise my soul.

It leaves me wondering what I'm doing sat up at 8am having not slept and typing randomly into the keyboard hoping for something coherent to come out of my fingertips. What am I trying to say? Maybe that I'm scared of tomorrow, wishing for a yesterday that I'm never getting back, and completely losing sight of today. Could be, but it won't last. I have strong suspicion that it has something to do with everyone booking Glastonbury tkts and me not being there. Also I know I've not been busy enough this past week. Though I have been doing stuff, my get up and go is a little on the deflated side.

That said I did go to the St Idiots Collective fundraising party on Saturday night and met some cool people that I hope to see again. St Idiots is Chris Shea's theatre group who I am yet to see perform, but have no doubt I will before the summer is out. I've offered up my services in case they required a baddy with an British accent.

In other news I got my first night game of disc golf in yesterday too. Night Disc golf + full moon + good people = awesome time. Seriously. That said I did spend a good deal of the round in the trees, which became something of a loaded experience after playing partner Matt (Trav was there too) told me to watch out for snakes. I've never seen a proper snake in my life, and that's something I'm in no rush to change. Matt's advice? Shuffle and stamp your feet if in doubt...queue shuffling, stamping and shouting at everything single bush and shadow for the next 17 holes.

Random aside: Have you been listening to Amy Winehouse? Back to Black is streaking up my most played songs on iTunes. It's so fucking good and I'm so much in love with the soul that oozes from Back to Black that I needed to express it somewhere. I can't get enough of it.

Oh, and I went to a fast food joint today (Sonics), drive-in style where the food gets brought out to you by a girl on roller skates! That's right, meals on wheels, styling like. So Happy Days it's brilliant.

I'm mostly posting cos I can't sleep, though my eyes are about to give up the good fight, and cos I wanted to keeping getting stuff up regularly. One of my other recent discovers is that Mosquito's really really like me a lot, and that my body hates them. They are slowly but surely making an attempt to turn me into the elephant man. Every single bite swells to the size of golf ball. Ok, so that's a slight exaggeration (who, moi? as if), but they are pretty big. Honestly.

And finally, I'm still thinking about the whole tattoo issue. May go for something on the back of my shoulder, but I'm not quite there yet. Everyone in Austin has ink, it's crazy. I have no interest in getting one cos everyone else has. In fact to me that's a BIG reason not to get one at all. But I have an ongoing and nagging curiosity about it. What it feels like. Not just because of the needle and all that, rather the sensation of being marked permanently in that way. Just a thought anyways...anyone with an opinion on the matter is welcome to call me on it on myspace. I guess at least it would give me something real to blog about instead of inanely wittering away.

No comments: